MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The superstars will be out Sunday in New Orleans for the Super Bowl, but in Mamaroneck, fans can kick off their celebration with a master of the Bloody Mary.
Stephen Murphy, the man behind Murph’s Bloody Mary, will be on hand at Molly Spillane’s from 2 to 3 p.m., giving away a free Bloody Marys and signing T-shirts.
“People rave about this stuff; it’s one of the best around,” said David Alves, a server at Molly Spillane’s, about Murph’s signature Bloody Mary mix.
Murph's is one of the few branded products of its kind and has recently received national attention on "The Today Show" and in the New York Post.
Murphy says the family of bars that includes Molly’s – Mickey, Maggie and Nelly Spillane’s – is one of his oldest and most loyal customers and places a large order every two months because of how much their patrons enjoy his Bloody Marys.
“It’s the morning drink, and everyone knows that, but there wasn’t a recognizable brand.” Murphy said. “I wanted to bring some personality, excitement and a concept to Bloody Marys. And I think what I set out to do is actually happening.”
His product is a homemade recipe in a bottle, so if you want a taste of this family secret, stop by Molly Spillane’s at 211 Mamaroneck Ave. on Sunday. You’ll also get 10 percent off your entire check from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Murph also will visit Mickey Spillane’s in Eastchester from 1 to 2 p.m.
- 1 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Rank High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Larchmont's Wendy Gee! Will Close Its Doors After 24 Years
- 3 Mamaroneck Defeats Mahopac In Overtime To Win Boys Lacrosse Sectional Title
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans