MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Director Katie Dellamaggiore is set to screen her film "Brooklyn Castle" on March 8 at the Larchmont Village Center.
The screening, presented through the Larchmont Public Library, is set for 2 p.m. March 8 at the village center located behind the library at 121 Larchmont Ave. in Larchmont. Dellamaggiore will be part of an informal discussion and screening of her latest film. The event is free and open to the public.
The film "tells the stories of five members of the chess team at a below-the-poverty-line inner city junior high school (I.S. 318) that has won more national championships than any other in the country."
The I.S. 318 chess team has 85 members and has won 30 national championship chess titles. In April 2012 they became the first junior high school team to become High School National Champions. They were honored in a ceremony with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and their triumph was featured on the front page of The New York Times.
For information about the program at the Larchmont Public Library, residents can call the library at 914-834-2281 or visit the library online.
- 1 Rye Neck HS Grad Josh Barach Launches App For New Anonymous Social Network
- 2 Snow Could Return To Larchmont, Mamaroneck For Morning Commute
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Mamaroneck Tuesday