MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Dorothy Sunshine, a volunteer at Jewish Home Lifecare's Sarah Neuman Center is Mamaroneck has stepped up to brighten the lives of seniors with Alzheimer's disease.
Every other Thursday, she welcomes eight to 10 residents of Jewish Home’s dementia unit to a cozy corner of the second floor. She hosts a formal tea complete with Lenox China, an elegant tablecloth and a bright floral centerpiece.
While residents enjoy traditional pastries and two types of tea, Sunshine engages them in song and reminiscences.
She is assisted by Elaine Schenkerman, a Sarah Neuman volunteer of four years and someone whom UJA-Federation of New York, a major supporter of Jewish Home Lifecare, recently recognized for her work there.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads To Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning As 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell