MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Dorothy Sunshine, a volunteer at Jewish Home Lifecare's Sarah Neuman Center is Mamaroneck has stepped up to brighten the lives of seniors with Alzheimer's disease.
Every other Thursday, she welcomes eight to 10 residents of Jewish Home’s dementia unit to a cozy corner of the second floor. She hosts a formal tea complete with Lenox China, an elegant tablecloth and a bright floral centerpiece.
While residents enjoy traditional pastries and two types of tea, Sunshine engages them in song and reminiscences.
She is assisted by Elaine Schenkerman, a Sarah Neuman volunteer of four years and someone whom UJA-Federation of New York, a major supporter of Jewish Home Lifecare, recently recognized for her work there.
- 1 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 2 Mamaroneck Worker Charged With DWI After Using Front Lawn To Park, Nap
- 3 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 4 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire