LARCHMONT, N.Y. - The Voracious Reader in Larchmont expects 400 to 500 readers to turn out for its book event with Dame Julie Andrews on Monday, Feb. 4.
Andrews and her daughter, Emma Walton Hamilton, will be signing the "The Very Fairy Princess Follows Her Heart," the fourth book in their New York Times best-selling picture book series.
"We're very excited but not surprised because everyone loves Julie Andrews," said Francine Lucidon, the owner of the bookstore. "These numbers don't even represent how many people we had to turn away. We sold out tickets in less than 24 hours."
Only 200 books will be signed on the night of the event, but the number of people expected includes families.
Lucidon anticipates there will be a large crowd spilling out onto the sidewalk for at least a few hours. Those waiting on line will be treated to The Voracious Reader's signature hot chocolate and cookies.
Pre-signed books will be available and can be ordered by calling The Voracious Reader at 914-630-4581.
- 1 Larchmont Real Estate Agent Represents 'Dream Home' Featured On HGTV
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Pelham Jumper Alive, But In Critical Condition
- 4 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5 Million