LARCHMONT, N.Y. - The Voracious Reader in Larchmont expects 400 to 500 readers to turn out for its book event with Dame Julie Andrews on Monday, Feb. 4.
Andrews and her daughter, Emma Walton Hamilton, will be signing the "The Very Fairy Princess Follows Her Heart," the fourth book in their New York Times best-selling picture book series.
"We're very excited but not surprised because everyone loves Julie Andrews," said Francine Lucidon, the owner of the bookstore. "These numbers don't even represent how many people we had to turn away. We sold out tickets in less than 24 hours."
Only 200 books will be signed on the night of the event, but the number of people expected includes families.
Lucidon anticipates there will be a large crowd spilling out onto the sidewalk for at least a few hours. Those waiting on line will be treated to The Voracious Reader's signature hot chocolate and cookies.
Pre-signed books will be available and can be ordered by calling The Voracious Reader at 914-630-4581.
- 1 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 2 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 3 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 5 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School