LARCHMONT, N.Y. – The Larchmont Public Library is coming to the aid of two Queens libraries damaged during Hurricane Sandy by having a book drive.
Residents who wish to help the Averne Community Library and Peninsula Community Library can drop off their “gently used and new books for children ranging in age from birth to sixth grade” in the lower lobby entrance of the Burchell Children’s Room.
“We appreciate the community working together to help rebuild these libraries,” said Library Director Laura Eckley in a press release. “Again, many thanks from the Larchmont Public Library.”
The library will not be collecting textbooks or magazines and ask the books not be yellow, dirty or stained. Findley International will pick up the books and transport them Dec. 11 to Queens.
Residents can donate their books from Dec. 7-10. For more information or if you have a question, contact library board trustee Maureen Moriarty at Maureengmoriarty@me.com.
- 1 Le Sirene Ristorante Opens In Larchmont
- 2 Mamaroneck Celebrates July 4 With Picnics, Pyrotechnics
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson