LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Larchmont's Gallery 1989 is set to celebrate its inaugural exhibition "Shifter: New Works by Lauren Britton" on Thursday, March 20.
A closing reception for the exhibit will be held at 6 p.m. at the gallery, 1989 Palmer Ave. in Larchmont. The up-and-coming fine art exhibition space is also an accredited appraisal center, representatives said.
The "Shifter" exhibition showcases new works by contemporary artist Britton, which tries to "communicate an experience of the bodily on both large canvases and smaller pieces," representatives said.
“Lauren is a young painter who is already getting well-deserved recognition," said Field Projects Gallery representatives. This is 1989’s Inaugural exhibition as a gallery. It sets a promising tone for the space as a promoter for great emerging artists.”
To learn more about the exhibition and Gallery 1989 visit the Gallery 1989 Facebook page.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester
- 4 Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway, I-95 Cause Delays
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby