LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Larchmont's Gallery 1989 is set to celebrate its inaugural exhibition "Shifter: New Works by Lauren Britton" on Thursday, March 20.
A closing reception for the exhibit will be held at 6 p.m. at the gallery, 1989 Palmer Ave. in Larchmont. The up-and-coming fine art exhibition space is also an accredited appraisal center, representatives said.
The "Shifter" exhibition showcases new works by contemporary artist Britton, which tries to "communicate an experience of the bodily on both large canvases and smaller pieces," representatives said.
“Lauren is a young painter who is already getting well-deserved recognition," said Field Projects Gallery representatives. This is 1989’s Inaugural exhibition as a gallery. It sets a promising tone for the space as a promoter for great emerging artists.”
To learn more about the exhibition and Gallery 1989 visit the Gallery 1989 Facebook page.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mamaroneck Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester