LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Larchmont's Gallery 1989 is set to celebrate its inaugural exhibition "Shifter: New Works by Lauren Britton" on Thursday, March 20.
A closing reception for the exhibit will be held at 6 p.m. at the gallery, 1989 Palmer Ave. in Larchmont. The up-and-coming fine art exhibition space is also an accredited appraisal center, representatives said.
The "Shifter" exhibition showcases new works by contemporary artist Britton, which tries to "communicate an experience of the bodily on both large canvases and smaller pieces," representatives said.
“Lauren is a young painter who is already getting well-deserved recognition," said Field Projects Gallery representatives. This is 1989’s Inaugural exhibition as a gallery. It sets a promising tone for the space as a promoter for great emerging artists.”
To learn more about the exhibition and Gallery 1989 visit the Gallery 1989 Facebook page.
- 1 State Police Warn Larchmont, Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Sisters During Calling Hours In Mamaroneck
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation