LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Larchmont's Gallery 1989 is set to celebrate its inaugural exhibition "Shifter: New Works by Lauren Britton" on Thursday, March 20.
A closing reception for the exhibit will be held at 6 p.m. at the gallery, 1989 Palmer Ave. in Larchmont. The up-and-coming fine art exhibition space is also an accredited appraisal center, representatives said.
The "Shifter" exhibition showcases new works by contemporary artist Britton, which tries to "communicate an experience of the bodily on both large canvases and smaller pieces," representatives said.
“Lauren is a young painter who is already getting well-deserved recognition," said Field Projects Gallery representatives. This is 1989’s Inaugural exhibition as a gallery. It sets a promising tone for the space as a promoter for great emerging artists.”
To learn more about the exhibition and Gallery 1989 visit the Gallery 1989 Facebook page.
- 1 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 2 Larchmont Dads Rock And Roll With Their Band, 'Sway'
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 5 Menorahs On Car Rooftops? Mamaroneck Holds Hanukkah Parade