MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- The League of Women Voters for Larchmont and Mamaroneck will host a candidates forum on Wednesday, Oct. 8, at 7 p.m.
The forum will be held at the Town of Mamaroneck Courtroom at 740 W. Boston Post Road.
The forum will feature candidates vying to represent New York’s 37th Senate District and to serve on the Mamaroneck Village Board of Trustees. Candidates in uncontested elections will also make brief presentations. The following are slated to appear:
US Congress (District 16):
- Eliot Engel (Incumbent, Democrat, Working Families)
NY State Senate (37th District):
- Joseph Dillon (Republican, Conservative, Independence); George Latimer (Incumbent, Democrat, Working Family)
NY State Assembly (91st District):
- Steve Otis (Incumbent, Democrat, Independence, Working Families)
Town of Mamaroneck Council Member:
- Thomas Murphy (Incumbent, Democrat)
Village of Mamaroneck
- Trustee (Elect 3): David Finch (Democrat), Leon Potok (Incumbent, Democrat), Ilissa Miller (Incumbent, Democrat), Michael Ianniello (Republican, Conservative, Independence), Maggie-Leigh O’Neill (Republican, Conservative, Independence), Stefanie Lividini (Republican, Conservative).
The debates are moderated by a LWV member from outside the Larchmont-Mamaroneck area. The order of candidates’ presentations is chosen in advance by drawing lots.
Questions will be accepted from the audience in written form 15 minutes prior to the start of each debate. The League requires you to be in the audience when your question is asked. The forum will be broadcast live on LMC-TV beginning at 7:30 p.m., on Cablevision Channel 76 and Verizon Channel 35. It will also be streamed live at lmctv.org. To view re-broadcasts of the forum, check lmctv.org for a schedule or for video on demand.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.