MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- The Marine Education Center at Harbor Island Park is hosting readings and ceramics workshops for the summer.
Here is a rundown of programs:
Saturday, July 5: The Marine Center welcomes "Miss Madeline and Tut" for a live reading of "Fun Children's Sea Stories" by Madeline Gilbert, Mamaroneck Avenue School's librarian. Refreshments will be served. No sign-up required. 10 a.m.
Saturday, July 12: " Sea Creations on Ceramic Tile" workshop. Choose a tile and create a little marine scene using felt pieces and glue. 10 a.m. Registration is required. To sign up contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. The program is limited to 15 people.
Additionally throughout July, the Marine Center is hosting "Shorebird Log In." A Mamaroneck resident and member of the Audubon Society has helped set up a "Shorebird Log In Board" inside the Marine Center so that visitors can write in the date and type of shorebird spotted in and around Mamaroneck Harbor. Anyone walking in the park, kayaking, or boating is welcome to add to the list.
- 1 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 2 Larchmont Dads Rock And Roll With Their Band, 'Sway'
- 3 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 4 Mamaroneck Couple Donates $5M To Purchase College
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Larchmont, Mamaroneck