YONKERS, N.Y. – Once a year for over two decades, the Yonkers waterfront has become a place where Westchester residents from across the county convene to celebrate the last days of summer.
Now in its 22nd year, Yonkers Riverfest, scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 6, anticipates as many as 25,000 people will come to enjoy music, children's activities, environmental exhibits, international cuisine, an outdoor artist gallery, carnival games and BMX stunt shows.
The free festival will take up the downtown waterfront area from noon-7 p.m., sporting five stages of live entertainment of every genre.
Over 25 artists will perform, playing everything from country and soul, to hip-hop, rock and classics. Headlining the concerts will be Westchester native Felix Cavaliere's Rascals, Yonkers native Styles P with a surprise guest, Grammy Award-winning children's musician Dane Zanes and KISS Alive.
"Riverfest brings together the very best Yonkers has to offer. It's the perfect place to enjoy food, art, music and the spectacular views of the Hudson right on our downtown waterfront," said Mayor Mike Spano.
The festival will be held rain or shine. In case of rain, Riverfest will continue inside the Yonkers Riverfest Library at 1 Larkin Plaza.
Street parking will be available, but guests are encouraged to use Yonkers' nearby municipal garages.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads To Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning As 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 5 Storm System Departs Mamaroneck, Snow Could Return Thursday