MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Save the Sound will host a forum on Long Island Sound water quality on Wednesday, July 16, from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
The forum will be held in the Mamaroneck Town Center courtroom, 740 W. Boston Post Road.
Topics of discussion will include the yearly summertime drop in dissolved oxygen and the bacterial contamination that closes local beaches in the summer.
The forum is open to the public.
Tracy Brown, western Long Island Sound director; Tom Andersen, New York program and communications coordinator; and Talia Stieger, Save the Sound’s bacteria monitoring coordinator will be present.
Mamaroneck Town Supervisor Nancy Seligson will also attend.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Larchmont, Mamaroneck