MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Save the Sound will host a forum on Long Island Sound water quality on Wednesday, July 16, from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
The forum will be held in the Mamaroneck Town Center courtroom, 740 W. Boston Post Road.
Topics of discussion will include the yearly summertime drop in dissolved oxygen and the bacterial contamination that closes local beaches in the summer.
The forum is open to the public.
Tracy Brown, western Long Island Sound director; Tom Andersen, New York program and communications coordinator; and Talia Stieger, Save the Sound’s bacteria monitoring coordinator will be present.
Mamaroneck Town Supervisor Nancy Seligson will also attend.
- 1 Cars Crash Into Larchmont CVS Locations In Two-Hour Span
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Is Reported Off Long Island
- 4 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore