GREENWICH, Conn. -- Westchester residents participated in Greenwich Hospital's "April in Paris" luncheon and fashion show on Wednesday, April 8 at the hospital's 900 King Street Rye Brook campus.
The luncheon is held each year during National Volunteer Week to thank the nearly 700 Greenwich Hospital Auxiliary volunteers – ages 14 through 90 – who donate thousands of hours in service (more than 60,000 hours in 2013) to patients, staff and clinical services
The event kicked off with a fashion show featuring volunteers outfitted in daytime and evening attire exclusively from the hospital’s Auxiliary Thrift Shop.
Among the models taking to the catwalk were Gene Ceccarelli of Port Chester with 11-year-old Annie Christensen of Rye, Stacey Kaufman of Rye Brook and Judy Handler of Purchase.
The Auxiliary, formed in 1906 and originally known as the Greenwich Hospital volunteer corps, has contributed more than $9.5 million proceeds from its thrift shop, gift shop and annual fundraising efforts.
Past donations have funded new technology and state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and supported hospital services, including cardiology, maternity, emergency medicine and hyperbaric medicine and wound healing, among others.
The Auxiliary also funds annual scholarships for high school graduates studying for healthcare careers.
- 1 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck
- 3 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Mamaroneck, Larchmont
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Larchmont, Mamaroneck