LARCHMONT, N.Y. – The Sheldrake Environmental Center held the International Coastal Cleanup on Saturday at three locations in Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck, and center scheduling coordinator Amy Bisignani said it was a big success.
Throughout the three locations, 70 volunteers collected 435 pounds of trash, according to the environmental center.
The locations were Manor Beach, the Hommocks Conservation Area and the Larchmont Reservoir. A different person was put in charge of each location.
Margo Hotston was in charge of the Manor Beach site, Hommocks Middle School student David Lehman led the way at the Hommocks Conservation Area, and longtime volunteer Janet Beal oversaw the Larchmont Reservoir.
- 1 Mamaroneck Mom Pleads Guilty To Smoothering Death Of Son, 4
- 2 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Larchmont Home Damaged By Electrical Fire
- 5 Former Larchmont Bank Manager Convicted Of Larceny