LARCHMONT, N.Y. – The Sheldrake Environmental Center held the International Coastal Cleanup on Saturday at three locations in Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck, and center scheduling coordinator Amy Bisignani said it was a big success.
Throughout the three locations, 70 volunteers collected 435 pounds of trash, according to the environmental center.
The locations were Manor Beach, the Hommocks Conservation Area and the Larchmont Reservoir. A different person was put in charge of each location.
Margo Hotston was in charge of the Manor Beach site, Hommocks Middle School student David Lehman led the way at the Hommocks Conservation Area, and longtime volunteer Janet Beal oversaw the Larchmont Reservoir.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester
- 4 Accidents On Saw Mill Parkway, I-95 Cause Delays
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby