LARCHMONT, N.Y. – The Sheldrake Environmental Center held the International Coastal Cleanup on Saturday at three locations in Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck, and center scheduling coordinator Amy Bisignani said it was a big success.
Throughout the three locations, 70 volunteers collected 435 pounds of trash, according to the environmental center.
The locations were Manor Beach, the Hommocks Conservation Area and the Larchmont Reservoir. A different person was put in charge of each location.
Margo Hotston was in charge of the Manor Beach site, Hommocks Middle School student David Lehman led the way at the Hommocks Conservation Area, and longtime volunteer Janet Beal oversaw the Larchmont Reservoir.
- 1 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Storm System Departs Mamaroneck, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 There Was An Upside To The Blizzard Scare In Larchmont