LARCHMONT, N.Y. – The Sheldrake Environmental Center held the International Coastal Cleanup on Saturday at three locations in Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck, and center scheduling coordinator Amy Bisignani said it was a big success.
Throughout the three locations, 70 volunteers collected 435 pounds of trash, according to the environmental center.
The locations were Manor Beach, the Hommocks Conservation Area and the Larchmont Reservoir. A different person was put in charge of each location.
Margo Hotston was in charge of the Manor Beach site, Hommocks Middle School student David Lehman led the way at the Hommocks Conservation Area, and longtime volunteer Janet Beal oversaw the Larchmont Reservoir.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Mamaroneck Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95