LARCHMONT, N.Y.– “BOOKS for GOOD” returns on Thursday to The Voracious Reader in Larchmont.
This month “BOOKS for GOOD” will be donating to the Kids for World Health, a non-profit group founded by Larchmont/Mamaroneck students.
“One of my young customers, Jenna Dougherty, originally approached me about
this organization,” said Francine Lucidon, owner of The Voracious Reader. “What impressed me most was that it was an organization primarily run by caring, compassionate kids.”
The book store will then donate 10 percent of the proceeds to the organization.
“We donate 10 percent of our proceeds to our 'BOOKS for GOOD' recipients,” said Lucidon. “The more people that shop that day, the larger donation we are able to make."
The goal of Kids for World Health is to raise awareness of the world’s most neglected diseases and to raise funds to help eliminate them.
“So much funding goes toward awareness and research for the well-known diseases prevalent in the Western world,” said Lucidon. “Many of these [neglected] diseases could be avoided with proper education and availability of treatments that already exist.”
The “BOOKS for GOOD” event will be from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Thursday at the bookstore, 1997 Palmer Ave.
“Many new customers have discovered our store this way as
well,” said Lucidon. “So it's a win/win all around when we each put an effort into the
- 1 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 2 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Woman Struck By Car In Mamaroneck Escapes Serious Injury