TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- DV Home Cooking is devoted to readers and their recipes. All we ask is that you're a home cook, not a professional chef. Got a favorite dish you want to share? Send it, along with the story behind it, to DVHomeCooking@dailyvoice.com.
Home Cook : Jacqui Justice, Tuckahoe, N.Y., Director of Nutrition, NY Health and Wellness in Harrison
Recipe: Cauliflower Risotto
"This savory side dish will definitely satisfy your 'carb tooth' without any of the bloat which is why I love to make it."
- 1 bag riced cauliflower (available at Trader Joe's)
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves black garlic, minced
- 1 cup bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 T grape seed oil
- 1/2 T garlic/onion/parsley/sea salt mix (Trader Joe's)
- Sauté onions until soft in grape seed oil.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté until soft as well.
- Add cauliflower, season with sea salt mixture and sauté until warm and slightly browned.