WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. --Westchester's residents are bursting with excitement to honor their Irish heritage and celebrate in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, Monday, March 17 -- and so are its restaurants and bars. Here are five of the biggest St. Patrick's food events coming up.
1. Yonkers Empire City Casino St. Patrick's Day Celebration: Irish-American bands Black 47 and Shilelagh Law will be performing an outdoor trackside concert on Sunday, March 16 at 2 p.m. Jameson will be serving shots and cocktails, along with an Irish Beer tent serving Guinness, Harp Lager, Smithwick's Irish Ale and Magner's Cider. Corned beef and cabbage, bangers and burgers with Guinness onion rings will be served. $20
2. Burke's Aishling Irish Community Center Fund-raiser: Burke's Restaurant in Yonkers will be holding a fund-raiser on the night of March 14 from 8 to 10 p.m. for the Aishling Irish Center. It will additionally be having live Irish music on March 15, brunch on March 16, and March 17, St. Patrick's Day will feature its traditional all-day corned beef and cabbage special. $30
3. Quiet Man Public House "Kegs and Eggs:" Peekskill's Quiet Man Public House is getting an early start on St. Patrick's Day with a "kegs and eggs" breakfast - which is exactly what it sounds like - from 7 a.m. until noon.
4. Ron Black's St. Patrick's Day Lunch: The local White Plains favorite will be opening at 11 a.m. on St. Patrick's Day for lunch, and will be offering Irish beer and food specials throughout the day.
5. Molly Spillane's All-Day Irish Music and Menu: Molly Spillane's in Mamaroneck is throwing a reservations-only bash on St. Patrick's Day, offering drink specials and an authentic Irish menu. Ireland native DJ Frankie Kennedy will be playing music all day, accompanied by bagpipers and step dancers.
We're sure we’ve left some big events out. Below, tell us where you’ll be heading and why below.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Storms Will Move Into Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Have You Done Your Spring Cleaning? Larchmont Expert Offers A Checklist