MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- It's an annual dilemma -- what to get your special someone for Valentine's Day? For those short on time we've rounded up a list beyond the usual chocolate and flowers. Even better -- especially with the never-ending who-knows-if-it-will-snow-or-not forecast -- our list keeps you close to home.
- You can never go wrong with jewelry and Kathy Zaltas, owner of Zaltas Gallery , is always happy to make recommendations based on your price point. Her pick for Valentine's Day? Something from the Freida Rothman line as it's wearable, affordable and gorgeous. Love it: 900 E. Boston Post Rd., Mamaroneck, 914-777-7304, www.zaltasgallery.com/ .
- Need something sweet for the girls in your life? Consider a hairband in gumball, doughnut and cookie fabrics from Yogi's Paw. Love it: 325 Mamaroneck Ave., Mamaroneck, 914-630-4700, www.yogispaw.com/ .
- Satisfy everyone's sweet tooth with a "Be My Valentine" cake from Artuso Bakery ; you can personalize it with any saying as long as you give at least a day's notice. Love it: 270 Mamaroneck Ave., Mamaroneck, 914-630-7880, www.artusopastry.com /.
- Go a tad naughty with hosiery from Siren Boutique featuring a heart-shaped cutout which changes colors depending on your underwear. Love it: 224 Mamaroneck Ave., Mamaroneck, 914-777-2122, www.sirenboutique.com/ .
- There's a lot of pink (and red) at Pink on Palmer where you'll find candy-scented soap, heart-shaped dishes, heart-shaped coin purses and sweet-smelling candles. The store is also offering chocolate facials on Feb. 11 complete with all-day complimentary champagne and chocolates. Love it: 1907 Palmer Ave., Larchmont, 914-833-8955, www.pinkonpalmer.com/ .
- Heart-shaped pj's anyone? Clutch offers a variety, along with jewelry, purses and half-sale off winter items. Love it: 1905 Palmer Ave., Larchmont, 914- 315-1434, www.clutchlarchmont.com/ .
- Larchmont resident Jill Simpson always features out of the ordinary (and customizeable!) items on her website, BeSpoke Custom Gifts. Consider a bag of hearts to show how you feel. Love it: 914-834-0019 or www.bespokecustomgifts.com/ .
- Still undecided? Head to Alvin & Friends in New Rochelle on Feb. 11 from 5:30 to 9 p.m. for a "Sweethearts Shopping Evening." Complimentary appetizers, a cash bar and a specially selected array of vendors will be on hand including Eric Newland of Designer One in Larchmont, Maria Valente from Mamaroneck's Chocolations and local jewelry designer Jill Gruza. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the YMCA’s "Be A Lifesaver Campaign," which is raising funds to repair the swimming pool." Love it: 14 Memorial Highway, New Rochelle; 914-654-6549, www.alvinandfriendsrestaurant.com /.
Have a suggestion we missed? Tell us about it in the Comments area below.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.