MAMARONECK. N.Y. -- Renée Cohen, instructor and chef of CuisineArts , which offers cooking classes in Mamaroneck, is busy prepping for Passover, which starts at sundown Friday, April 22. Here, she shares her recipe for Moroccan Spiced Sweet Potato Smash.
- 6 large or 8 small sweet potatoes, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (or more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 2 tablespoons honey
- A few good grindings of fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a pot filled with cold Add the salt and the vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes. Place the potatoes in a baking dish, or a baking pan, and mix with the oil, cumin, smoky paprika, honey, salt and pepper. Using a potato masher, gently smash the potatoes. Place in the preheated oven, and roast, turning the tray every 15 minutes, until the potatoes are nicely crisp, golden and cooked through, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.