The theater ran a successful adult version of the production in July and built a large set to go along with it. Instead of throwing out the set, owner Daniel Ferrante decided to give younger actors a chance to participate in the show.
“They wanted to make sure they used that set for multiple shows; it was so big, and beautiful, and extravagant,” said Brenda Ferrante, theater office manager and mother of Daniel Ferrante. “So we ran a production of Robin Hood, and now this.”
The plot will be tailored a bit and made age-appropriate for the younger crowd. Auditions will be done in a kid-friendly fashion.
“You would audition the same way you would for an adult production, but we do it in a more fun, relaxed and low-key environment for the kids,” Brenda Ferrante said.
The show combines multiple childhood fairy-tale characters into one twisted plot about a couple who are cursed to be childless by a neighboring witch. The curse leads them on a journey to find special objects that will break the evil witch’s spell.
“The kids love the show and they were asking to do it, especially because they know the characters in the show from their childhood.” Brenda Ferrante said.
Tweens looking to audition should prepare a song or bring a karaoke track or sheet music with them. Auditions will be held at the theater, which is at 931 E. Boston Post Road in Mamaroneck.
- 1 Mamaroneck Ranks Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 National Weather Service: Winter Won't Be So Bad In Mamaroneck, Larchmont
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Former Larchmont Bank Manager Convicted Of Larceny