SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Montefiore Medical Center has officially opened its Food Allergy Center in Scarsdale and the Bronx to serve adults and children who suffer from food allergies.
This comprehensive program, which is part of the division of allergy and immunology of the department of medicine at Montefiore, is composed of a team of experts in pediatric and adult allergies, including the newly recruited center leader, Manish Ramesh, M.D., Ph.D. It will offer patients access to innovative testing and new approaches to food allergy treatment.
“Food allergies can be life-threatening, and our new one-stop center offers highly advanced testing breakthroughs to make the most accurate diagnosis possible for our patients,” said Dr. David Rosenstreich, director, division of allergy and immunology of the department of medicine at Montefiore and Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University.
“Our approach aims to use the latest in food allergy science and research to enhance the quality of our patients’ lives and impact their survival in the event of an allergic reaction.”
A wide range of allergies will be treated by the experts at Montefiore’s Food Allergy Center, including:
- Anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergic reaction.
- Pollen food syndrome, a cross-reaction between pollen and certain foods.
- Eosinophilic esophagitis (inflammation of the food pipe or esophagus caused by allergy to specific foods).
- Food protein-induced enterocolitis or colitis (severe vomiting and diarrhea in infants and toddlers caused by specific foods).
- Eczema, food-induced skin rash.
The Food Allergy Center is at Montefiore Medical Specialists of Westchester, 495 Central Park Avenue, Scarsdale, and at the Montefiore Medical Park, 1515 Blondell Avenue, Bronx.
For questions or to schedule an appointment, call 866-MED-TALK.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mamaroneck Skies Sunday
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 3 Two Women Rob Man At Knifepoint In New Rochelle, Report Says
- 4 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 5 Mamaroneck Ice Rink Reopens To Smiles, Spills After Renovation