CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. -- Food and fun are practically the mantras of the holidays, so how do you stay healthy and avoid the inevitable "I want to lose 10 pounds" resolution come new year's?
Chris Duro, a Cortlandt Manor resident and personal training manager of Crunch Fitness franchise locations in White Plains and Port Chester said it's all about paying attention to calories in versus calories out. "You can stay fit by staying focused," said the Yonkers native.
His tips follow:
- Get moving: Maintain your current workout routine or challenge yourself more. If you're just starting out, challenge and commit yourself to 30 minutes of activity three days per week.
- Make sure you are getting a balanced workout: Your workouts should include cardio, strength and flexibility training.
- Find a workout partner: Recruit a friend or family member to help challenge and motivate you.
- Hydrate: Lots of water is good for you.
- Eat healthy meals: Make sure you're making good choices throughout the day.
- Indulge in moderation: At holiday gatherings, eat your favorite foods in moderation, but stay focused on clean eating.
- Stick to one glass of wine: Stay away from too many empty calories.
- Get your rest: The holidays can get busy but you also have to get your Z’s. Enjoy time with friends and family and try to de-stress.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.