WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Irvington resident Meredith Vieira will fill in for Bob Costas on Friday evening's Olympic coverage on NBC, becoming the first woman to anchor the primetime coverage by herself.
Costas is sidelined with an eye infection he has been battling since the start of the Olympics. Matt Lauer has filled in for Costas who is not anchoring the Olympics for the first time since 1988 due to the ailment.
Vieira, the former co-host of NBC's "Today," co-hosted the opening ceremonies of the Olympics with Lauer.
- 1 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 2 Father Hid Computer Hard Drive After Harrison Murder-Suicide, Report Says
- 3 Woman Struck By Car In Mamaroneck Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Larchmont, Mamaroneck