WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Irvington resident Meredith Vieira will fill in for Bob Costas on Friday evening's Olympic coverage on NBC, becoming the first woman to anchor the primetime coverage by herself.
Costas is sidelined with an eye infection he has been battling since the start of the Olympics. Matt Lauer has filled in for Costas who is not anchoring the Olympics for the first time since 1988 due to the ailment.
Vieira, the former co-host of NBC's "Today," co-hosted the opening ceremonies of the Olympics with Lauer.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mamaroneck Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Mamaroneck Tigers Prepare For Sectional Sports Titles