MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Mamaroneck’s Timothy Geithner!
Timothy Franz Geithner, a long time Mamaroneck resident, turns 53 on Monday.
Geithner, an economic policy maker and central banker who served as the 75th U.S. secretary of the treasury, in the Cabinet of President Barack Obama, from 2009-13, was born Aug.18, 1961, in New York City. He was previously the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York from 2003-09. He now serves as president of Warburg Pincus, a Wall Street private equity firm.
Geithner's position included a large role in directing the Federal Government's spending during the nation's fiscal crisis, including allocation of $350 billion of funds from the Troubled Asset Relief Program enacted during the Bush administration. At the end of his first year in office, he continued to deal with multiple high visibility issues, including administration efforts to restructure the regulation of the nation's financial system, attempts to spur recovery of both the mortgage market and the automobile industry, demands for protectionism, President Obama's tax changes, and negotiations with foreign governments on approaches to worldwide financial issues.
Geithner was portrayed by Billy Crudup in the HBO film "Too Big to Fail."
- 1 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 2 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Larchmont, Mamaroneck