LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Larchmont native Phyllis Pierce has founded a new e-commerce website based around the idea of making one's own luck.
MyLuckClub.com "combines the thrill of shopping on eBay, Craigslist and Amazon" while allowing those who sign up to "monetize their knowledge and connections," according to a release. The website serves as a search platform for "Luck Seekers" and "Luck Makers."
"Luck Seekers" are people looking for housing, jobs, cars, services, things, even love, said Pierce. "Luck Makers," Pierce notes, are people who have what the Luck Seeker wants or knows someone else who does.
“In these challenging economic times, My Luck Club is a way for people to help one another and make money at the same time,” Pierce said. “We think it’s great if you can help someone and also be rewarded financially for the time and energy you’ve spent. In the near future, Luck Makers will have the choice of keeping their reward or donating all, or a portion, of it to My Luck Club partnered charities."
Pierce, a Trumbull, Conn. resident, founded MyLuckClub.com, which was selected in 2013 by the Connecticut Technology Council as a “Tech Company to Watch”. She was also named a “2013 Women of Innovation” finalist in recognition for her “outstanding leadership as an innovator, mentor and role model.”
- 1 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 2 National Weather Service: Winter Won't Be So Bad In Mamaroneck, Larchmont
- 3 Mamaroneck Mom Pleads Guilty To Smoothering Death Of Son, 4
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Former Larchmont Bank Manager Convicted Of Larceny