LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- A nutritionist, a humanitarian, an environmentalist and a CEO are among the speakers the Rotary Club of Larchmont has lined up for August and September.
The club’s meetings are open to the public and take place from 12:15-1:30 p.m. at the Larchmont Yacht Club, 1 Woodbine Ave., Larchmont. The scheduled talks include:
• Jenna Archuleta, Rotary International Major Gifts Officer, will talk about tax-free estate planning Aug. 16.
• Matts Ingemanson, district governor of Rotary District 7230 (which covers most of Westchester, Manhattan, Staten Island and Bermuda) will present his plans for the next year Aug. 23.
• Jim Killoran, executive director for Habitat for Humanity New Rochelle, will describe the organization’s current initiatives Sept. 6.
• Archie Comics co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit will present the Mamaroneck-based company’s plans Sept. 13.
• Elisabeth Radow, environmental expert and Larchmont/Mamaroneck League of Women Voters president, will speak on natural gas fracking and the environment Sept. 20.
Please RSVP to club President Stephen Bartell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-833-8683.
“The speakers program is only one of our several initiatives designed to provide our members and area residents with information that enhances their understanding of the community and the remarkable individuals who contribute to it,” Bartell said.
The Rotary Club of Larchmont was founded in 1929 and has since continuously performed public service projects and provided humanitarian aid locally, regionally and globally.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.