HARRISON, N.Y. -- One teen from Harrison and another from Mamaroneck earned their eagle scout rank during a ceremony with Rye Troop 2 on Sunday, May 4.
Harrison Steins from Harrison and Sean Howard from Mamaroneck were joined by friends and family for the ceremony.
Steins is the son of Laura Mackenzie of Harrison and Ed Steins of Bedford. Harrison is a junior at Harrison High School. For his Eagle Scout service project, he led an effort to recondition the industrial kitchen and pantry at the Rye Presbyterian Church.
Howard is the son of Susan and John Howard of Mamaroneck. He is a senior at Mamaroneck High School. For his Eagle Scout service project, he developed and implemented a plan to repair and paint four rooms at Harrison Presbyterian Church.
Scoutmaster John Tobin, former Scoutmasters Bill Langham and Bill Haigney, and Troop Advancement Chairman Richard LaManga were all recognized for their role in the boys’ achievements.
- 1 Mamaroneck's Skinny House Nominated As Historic Place
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 5 Mamaroneck Puzzle Solver Readies For 38th Crossword Competition