HARRISON, N.Y. -- One teen from Harrison and another from Mamaroneck earned their eagle scout rank during a ceremony with Rye Troop 2 on Sunday, May 4.
Harrison Steins from Harrison and Sean Howard from Mamaroneck were joined by friends and family for the ceremony.
Steins is the son of Laura Mackenzie of Harrison and Ed Steins of Bedford. Harrison is a junior at Harrison High School. For his Eagle Scout service project, he led an effort to recondition the industrial kitchen and pantry at the Rye Presbyterian Church.
Howard is the son of Susan and John Howard of Mamaroneck. He is a senior at Mamaroneck High School. For his Eagle Scout service project, he developed and implemented a plan to repair and paint four rooms at Harrison Presbyterian Church.
Scoutmaster John Tobin, former Scoutmasters Bill Langham and Bill Haigney, and Troop Advancement Chairman Richard LaManga were all recognized for their role in the boys’ achievements.
- 1 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 2 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 3 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 4 Storm System Departs Mamaroneck, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 There Was An Upside To The Blizzard Scare In Larchmont