MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- State Sens. George Latimer and Andrea Stewart-Cousins are honoring veterans from New Rochelle and Mamaroneck.
Latimer and Stewart-Cousins designated two Westchester seniors for induction into the New York Senate Veterans Hall of Fame, which occurred on Tuesday, May 20 in Albany, according to a press release.
Bill Moye, of New Rochelle, who recently turned 99 years old has long been active in a variety of New Rochelle community groups, including United Veterans and the Hugh Doyle Seniors. Anthony "Tony" Marsella, of Mamaroneck, celebrated his 90th birthday on May 20, the day of his Hall induction. He is involved with VFW Post 1156, the Larchmont- Mamaroneck Seniors and the Kemper Park Memorial Association.
"We owe a debt of gratitude to these two men and others like them that we can never repay," Sen. Latimer said. "They have sacrificed for this nation so the very least we can do is to say a sincere 'thanks' every chance we get."
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 3 Rye Neck HS Grad Josh Barach Launches App For New Anonymous Social Network
- 4 Snow Could Return To Larchmont, Mamaroneck For Morning Commute
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Larchmont, Mamaroneck