MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- State Sens. George Latimer and Andrea Stewart-Cousins are honoring veterans from New Rochelle and Mamaroneck.
Latimer and Stewart-Cousins designated two Westchester seniors for induction into the New York Senate Veterans Hall of Fame, which occurred on Tuesday, May 20 in Albany, according to a press release.
Bill Moye, of New Rochelle, who recently turned 99 years old has long been active in a variety of New Rochelle community groups, including United Veterans and the Hugh Doyle Seniors. Anthony "Tony" Marsella, of Mamaroneck, celebrated his 90th birthday on May 20, the day of his Hall induction. He is involved with VFW Post 1156, the Larchmont- Mamaroneck Seniors and the Kemper Park Memorial Association.
"We owe a debt of gratitude to these two men and others like them that we can never repay," Sen. Latimer said. "They have sacrificed for this nation so the very least we can do is to say a sincere 'thanks' every chance we get."
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 4 Mamaroneck Installing New Sidewalks, Regardless Of Shivery Weather
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill