MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- State Sens. George Latimer and Andrea Stewart-Cousins are honoring veterans from New Rochelle and Mamaroneck.
Latimer and Stewart-Cousins designated two Westchester seniors for induction into the New York Senate Veterans Hall of Fame, which occurred on Tuesday, May 20 in Albany, according to a press release.
Bill Moye, of New Rochelle, who recently turned 99 years old has long been active in a variety of New Rochelle community groups, including United Veterans and the Hugh Doyle Seniors. Anthony "Tony" Marsella, of Mamaroneck, celebrated his 90th birthday on May 20, the day of his Hall induction. He is involved with VFW Post 1156, the Larchmont- Mamaroneck Seniors and the Kemper Park Memorial Association.
"We owe a debt of gratitude to these two men and others like them that we can never repay," Sen. Latimer said. "They have sacrificed for this nation so the very least we can do is to say a sincere 'thanks' every chance we get."
- 1 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket
- 2 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 3 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 4 Larchmont Hosts Long Island Sound Swim Across America To Fight Cancer
- 5 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk