MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Last week, we asked Mamaroneck residents to guess where the photo above was taken.
Every so often, the Mamaroneck Daily Voice will post a photo of an architectural feature or object found in Mamaroneck or Larchmont. You have one week to figure out the name of the building, street or landmark where we took the photo. Points will be awarded to the first person who correctly gives the photo's location. We'll be keeping a list of our attentive readers.
Last week's challenge has been solved. The picture was taken at the 1816 School House, which is on Boston Post Road in Mamaroneck Village, outside of Harbor Island Park.
Julian Moore was the first to reply on Facebook at 9 a.m. Aug. 8. He guessed, "Old school house?"
Mamaroneck Daily Voice user, Bluemoon, came in second at 1:30 p.m. that same day with the answer, "This is in front of the little school house on the West Boston Post Road."
- 1 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket
- 2 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 3 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 4 Larchmont Hosts Long Island Sound Swim Across America To Fight Cancer
- 5 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk