MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Last week, we asked Mamaroneck residents to guess where the photo above was taken.
Every so often, the Mamaroneck Daily Voice will post a photo of an architectural feature or object found in Mamaroneck or Larchmont. You have one week to figure out the name of the building, street or landmark where we took the photo. Points will be awarded to the first person who correctly gives the photo's location. We'll be keeping a list of our attentive readers.
Last week's challenge has been solved. The picture was taken at the 1816 School House, which is on Boston Post Road in Mamaroneck Village, outside of Harbor Island Park.
Julian Moore was the first to reply on Facebook at 9 a.m. Aug. 8. He guessed, "Old school house?"
Mamaroneck Daily Voice user, Bluemoon, came in second at 1:30 p.m. that same day with the answer, "This is in front of the little school house on the West Boston Post Road."
- 1 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 2 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Larchmont, Mamaroneck