MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Get ready, Mamaroneck Avenue will be swarming with ghosts and goblins on Sunday, Oct. 28, when the Spooktacular returns to town.
All kids in Mamaroneck are invited to join in the festivities.
“You just have to show up, there is no pre-registration,” said Chamber of Commerce President Steve Josephson. “Just sign up at Robert’s on Mamaroneck Ave. at 11:30 a.m.”
The event starts with Halloween window painting at Robert’s from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., followed by a costume parade for kids and their pets down Halstead and Mamaroneck avenues.
“This is one of few parades where kids can bring their pets in the parade,” said Josephson.
The parade will end at Kid’s Korner (Christian Science Reading Room) where children can participate in arts and crafts. There will also be story telling and demonstrations.
At 2 p.m., the Haunted House (the old fires house) opens with lights on for the younger kids. After 3, the lights will be turned off and it will be ENTER IF YOU DARE until 6.
“This was started in 2010,” said Josephson. “Every year it seems to grow.”
The Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Mamaroneck sponsor Spooktacular. For more information or to volunteer, call the chamber office at 914-698-4400 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket
- 3 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 4 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 5 Larchmont Hosts Long Island Sound Swim Across America To Fight Cancer