MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Get ready, Mamaroneck Avenue will be swarming with ghosts and goblins on Sunday, Oct. 28, when the Spooktacular returns to town.
All kids in Mamaroneck are invited to join in the festivities.
“You just have to show up, there is no pre-registration,” said Chamber of Commerce President Steve Josephson. “Just sign up at Robert’s on Mamaroneck Ave. at 11:30 a.m.”
The event starts with Halloween window painting at Robert’s from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., followed by a costume parade for kids and their pets down Halstead and Mamaroneck avenues.
“This is one of few parades where kids can bring their pets in the parade,” said Josephson.
The parade will end at Kid’s Korner (Christian Science Reading Room) where children can participate in arts and crafts. There will also be story telling and demonstrations.
At 2 p.m., the Haunted House (the old fires house) opens with lights on for the younger kids. After 3, the lights will be turned off and it will be ENTER IF YOU DARE until 6.
“This was started in 2010,” said Josephson. “Every year it seems to grow.”
The Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Mamaroneck sponsor Spooktacular. For more information or to volunteer, call the chamber office at 914-698-4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Police Pursue Bank Robbery Suspect In Downtown Rye