MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- When Carly Rose Sonenclar walks down the halls of Rye Neck Middle School, she hears people saying her name, she told USA Today.
The paper profiled the Mamaroneck teen as she prepares to record her debut album. Sonenclar told USA Today that she has had to travel frequently from Westchester to the city to prepare.
Sonenclar was a finalist on season two of Fox's "X Factor." She had her recording option picked up by Syco Music, which was founded by "X Factor" judge Simon Cowell and is a joint venture with Sony Music Entertainment.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 4 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 5 Larchmont Hosts Long Island Sound Swim Across America To Fight Cancer