MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- When Carly Rose Sonenclar walks down the halls of Rye Neck Middle School, she hears people saying her name, she told USA Today.
The paper profiled the Mamaroneck teen as she prepares to record her debut album. Sonenclar told USA Today that she has had to travel frequently from Westchester to the city to prepare.
Sonenclar was a finalist on season two of Fox's "X Factor." She had her recording option picked up by Syco Music, which was founded by "X Factor" judge Simon Cowell and is a joint venture with Sony Music Entertainment.
- 1 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Rank High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Larchmont's Wendy Gee! Will Close Its Doors After 24 Years
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Mamaroneck Defeats Mahopac In Overtime To Win Boys Lacrosse Sectional Title