MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont last week:
- For the first time in a long time the Washingtonville Housing Alliance will be able to pursue new affordable development opportunities in Mamaroneck when it sells its 75-unit senior complex across the street from the train station, said Richard Nightingale, president of Westhab and chair of the alliance.
- Kaitlin Rose Riordan Larkin, a resident of Larchmont, graduated from Convent of the Sacred Heart, an independent Catholic day school for girls in Greenwich, Conn.
- A 40-year-old man was struck and killed by a Metro-North train near New Rochelle on Monday, July 21 in what authorities believe to be an apparent suicide, according to LoHud.com.
- The first Sunset on the Sound Cruise that was scheduled for Thursday, July 24, was canceled due to mechanical problems with the Island Belle cruise ship.
- New Rochelle native and former Section 1 standout Ray Rice was suspended for the first two games of the NFL season after a domestic incident between Rice and his now-wife in an Atlantic City casino in February, according to the Baltimore Sun.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says
- 5 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police