MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- Yorktown Police charged a Mamaroneck teen with making a false sex abuse claim that he was sexually assaulted by two residents at the Phoenix Academy by two male residents..
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- A new hybrid-powered research vessel at the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk and built in Mamaroneck will be named R/V Spirit of the Sound.
- Larchmont native Phyllis Pierce has founded a new e-commerce website, MyLuckClub.com.
- Larchmont Mayor Anne McAndrews and village Trustees Marlene Kolbert and Peter Fanelli will be running unopposed in the March 18 election.
- 1 Le Sirene Ristorante Opens In Larchmont
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Rye Teacher Can Return To Classroom Two Years After Being Placed On Leave
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed