MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- Yorktown Police charged a Mamaroneck teen with making a false sex abuse claim that he was sexually assaulted by two residents at the Phoenix Academy by two male residents..
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- A new hybrid-powered research vessel at the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk and built in Mamaroneck will be named R/V Spirit of the Sound.
- Larchmont native Phyllis Pierce has founded a new e-commerce website, MyLuckClub.com.
- Larchmont Mayor Anne McAndrews and village Trustees Marlene Kolbert and Peter Fanelli will be running unopposed in the March 18 election.
- 1 Mamaroneck Defeats Mahopac In Overtime To Win Boys Lacrosse Sectional Title
- 2 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Larchmont Population Growth Is State's Second Highest