MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Local star and "X Factor" finalist Carly Rose Sonenclar already has started chasing big dreams that take her far from her native Mamaroneck, but she still appreciates the town's small-town spirit. Here are her favorite things about her hometown.
Sonenclar mentioned Mamaroneck Avenue as a frequent hangout spot with friends and family. "A lot of time is spent right around here and it's where a lot of my memories are," she said at the post-parade celebration at Molly Spillane's. "It's a cool area."
"It kind of feels like a little cute village," she said.
The tight-knit community and relationships are important to her as well. "You can know everybody," Sonenclar said. "It's because it's so small that we can do something like this and show so much support for one person."
She said the school system and the friends she has made there are definitely big positives to growing up in Mamaroneck.
Though she enjoys the benefits of a small place, Sonenclar said, "We're so close to New York. It's the suburbs, but the city is right there. I love that!"
- 1 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Rank High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 2 Larchmont's Wendy Gee! Will Close Its Doors After 24 Years
- 3 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Mamaroneck Defeats Mahopac In Overtime To Win Boys Lacrosse Sectional Title