MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Local star and "X Factor" finalist Carly Rose Sonenclar already has started chasing big dreams that take her far from her native Mamaroneck, but she still appreciates the town's small-town spirit. Here are her favorite things about her hometown.
Sonenclar mentioned Mamaroneck Avenue as a frequent hangout spot with friends and family. "A lot of time is spent right around here and it's where a lot of my memories are," she said at the post-parade celebration at Molly Spillane's. "It's a cool area."
"It kind of feels like a little cute village," she said.
The tight-knit community and relationships are important to her as well. "You can know everybody," Sonenclar said. "It's because it's so small that we can do something like this and show so much support for one person."
She said the school system and the friends she has made there are definitely big positives to growing up in Mamaroneck.
Though she enjoys the benefits of a small place, Sonenclar said, "We're so close to New York. It's the suburbs, but the city is right there. I love that!"
- 1 Mamaroneck Resident Mixes Fashion With Family In Creating Her Boutique
- 2 'Property Brothers' Looking For Westchester Residents To Appear In TV Show
- 3 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 4 Larchmont Toasts Cinco De Mayo With Fiesta Fun
- 5 NY Times Highlights Struggle To Save Mamaroneck Yacht Club