MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The all-day prohibition on right turns from Gertrude Avenue to Mamaroneck Avenue has been revised by the Village of Mamaroneck Board of Trustees.
The right-turn restriction will be in effect only on school days during the school year – Sept. 1 to June 30, Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The change was based on a recommendation from the Traffic Commission.
The Mamaroneck Avenue Elementary School is on the corner of Gertrude Avenue and Mamaroneck Avenue, so the traffic regulations in the area are made with the safety of children in mind.
Village trustees also voted to prohibit parking on Concord Avenue between Fayette and Center avenues.
- 1 Mamaroneck Celebrating July 4 With A Bang
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital