MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The all-day prohibition on right turns from Gertrude Avenue to Mamaroneck Avenue has been revised by the Village of Mamaroneck Board of Trustees.
The right-turn restriction will be in effect only on school days during the school year – Sept. 1 to June 30, Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The change was based on a recommendation from the Traffic Commission.
The Mamaroneck Avenue Elementary School is on the corner of Gertrude Avenue and Mamaroneck Avenue, so the traffic regulations in the area are made with the safety of children in mind.
Village trustees also voted to prohibit parking on Concord Avenue between Fayette and Center avenues.
- 1 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Sisters During Calling Hours In Mamaroneck
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 4 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48