MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The all-day prohibition on right turns from Gertrude Avenue to Mamaroneck Avenue has been revised by the Village of Mamaroneck Board of Trustees.
The right-turn restriction will be in effect only on school days during the school year – Sept. 1 to June 30, Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The change was based on a recommendation from the Traffic Commission.
The Mamaroneck Avenue Elementary School is on the corner of Gertrude Avenue and Mamaroneck Avenue, so the traffic regulations in the area are made with the safety of children in mind.
Village trustees also voted to prohibit parking on Concord Avenue between Fayette and Center avenues.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Apiary Prepared Foods Opens In Larchmont
- 5 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam