MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The all-day prohibition on right turns from Gertrude Avenue to Mamaroneck Avenue has been revised by the Village of Mamaroneck Board of Trustees.
The right-turn restriction will be in effect only on school days during the school year – Sept. 1 to June 30, Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The change was based on a recommendation from the Traffic Commission.
The Mamaroneck Avenue Elementary School is on the corner of Gertrude Avenue and Mamaroneck Avenue, so the traffic regulations in the area are made with the safety of children in mind.
Village trustees also voted to prohibit parking on Concord Avenue between Fayette and Center avenues.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Women's Club Awards College Scholarships To Rye Neck, Mamaroneck Students
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says