MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The all-day prohibition on right turns from Gertrude Avenue to Mamaroneck Avenue has been revised by the Village of Mamaroneck Board of Trustees.
The right-turn restriction will be in effect only on school days during the school year – Sept. 1 to June 30, Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The change was based on a recommendation from the Traffic Commission.
The Mamaroneck Avenue Elementary School is on the corner of Gertrude Avenue and Mamaroneck Avenue, so the traffic regulations in the area are made with the safety of children in mind.
Village trustees also voted to prohibit parking on Concord Avenue between Fayette and Center avenues.
- 1 Two Women Rob Man At Knifepoint In New Rochelle, Report Says
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 3 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 4 Mamaroneck Ice Rink Reopens To Smiles, Spills After Renovation
- 5 Mamaroneck, Larchmont Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday