NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – The College of New Rochelle was the latest school to be put under lockdown in Westchester County on Friday.
According to police, the college went into lockdown mode at approximately 1 p.m. after a student made a veiled threat over the phone while arguing with a school official.
Classes proceeded as police continue to investigate to determine who made the threat. The school declined to provide comment on Friday afternoon.
The College of New Rochelle is one of four Westchester County schools that were threatened on Friday. Mount Vernon High School was locked down earlier in the day after a bomb threat was called in, and two similar threats were made at Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt and Lakeland High in Shrub Oak.
- 1 Larchmont Real Estate Agent Represents 'Dream Home' Featured On HGTV
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Pelham Jumper Alive, But In Critical Condition
- 4 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5 Million