NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle Police were able to rescue a Monroe College student that slipped and fell into the water near the marina on Friday, Feb. 7, according to LoHud.com.
The 20-year-old was sitting on a sea wall early Friday morning when he slipped chest-deep into the hypothermic waters. Residents called police when they heard him yelling for help, LoHud.com reported.
Police officials say the man was in the water for about 10 minutes before they were able to pull him out, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mamaroneck Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Mamaroneck Tigers Prepare For Sectional Sports Titles