NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle Police were able to rescue a Monroe College student that slipped and fell into the water near the marina on Friday, Feb. 7, according to LoHud.com.
The 20-year-old was sitting on a sea wall early Friday morning when he slipped chest-deep into the hypothermic waters. Residents called police when they heard him yelling for help, LoHud.com reported.
Police officials say the man was in the water for about 10 minutes before they were able to pull him out, LoHud.com said.
- 1 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 2 Mamaroneck Worker Charged With DWI After Using Front Lawn To Park, Nap
- 3 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 4 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire