NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle Police were able to rescue a Monroe College student that slipped and fell into the water near the marina on Friday, Feb. 7, according to LoHud.com.
The 20-year-old was sitting on a sea wall early Friday morning when he slipped chest-deep into the hypothermic waters. Residents called police when they heard him yelling for help, LoHud.com reported.
Police officials say the man was in the water for about 10 minutes before they were able to pull him out, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Sisters During Calling Hours In Mamaroneck
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 4 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48