NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle Police were able to rescue a Monroe College student that slipped and fell into the water near the marina on Friday, Feb. 7, according to LoHud.com.
The 20-year-old was sitting on a sea wall early Friday morning when he slipped chest-deep into the hypothermic waters. Residents called police when they heard him yelling for help, LoHud.com reported.
Police officials say the man was in the water for about 10 minutes before they were able to pull him out, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Mamaroneck Ranks Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 National Weather Service: Winter Won't Be So Bad In Mamaroneck, Larchmont
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Former Larchmont Bank Manager Convicted Of Larceny