MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont last week:
- A $55 million lawsuit claims the village of Mamaroneck tried to block Hampshire Country Club from developing its property into residential units.
- A&E's newest program, "Cement Heads," is a reality show that follows WJL Equities, a family owned construction company based in Eastchester. It will be telecast on Tuesday evenings at 10:30 p.m.
- A parents group has withdrawn its petition challenging the Mamaroneck School District's recent policy change that allows it to provide private and parochial students in high school public transit passes instead of yellow bus service.
- The town of Mamaroneck has announced that the boardwalk on the Leatherstocking Trail between Country Road and Old White Plains Road has reopened ahead of schedule.
- Interstate 95 will undergo a two-year face-lift between Rye and New York City starting Monday, Aug. 18, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 3 Storm System Departs Mamaroneck, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 4 There Was An Upside To The Blizzard Scare In Larchmont
- 5 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit