MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont last week:
- Former Mamaroneck residents Craig and Deanna Muraszewski, a husband and wife team who now live in Cold Spring, opened the Cold Spring General Store in April.
- Westchester ranks high among New York's exciting places to live and Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10, according to a report by Movoto.
- Margaret “Mimi” Zimmer performed Shakespeare, participated in the Original Science Research program and welcomed Chinese exchange students to Mamaroneck High School.
- Residents of Westchester County and those across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
- Elvin Maldonado, a 23-year-old Mamaroneck man, was arrested on a driving while intoxicated charge on Saturday, July 5 by New York State Police from the Kinderhook barracks.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket
- 3 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 4 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 5 Larchmont Hosts Long Island Sound Swim Across America To Fight Cancer