WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here are five of the biggest events coming up in Westchester.
1. Westchester County's Pitch In For Parks at the White Plains Westchester County Center, Saturday, April 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Join the Friends of Westchester County Parks and the Westchester County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Conservation to help clean up the Bronx River Reservation. Volunteers will have the opportunity help with debris and litter removal, raking, weeding and mulching and removal of tree stakes and invasive growth. 198 Central Avenue.
2. The 26th Annual Rye Derby at the Rye YMCA, Sunday, April 27 at 10 a.m.
The Rye YMCA will be continuing its centennial celebration with the 26th running of the Rye Derby along with Healthy Kids Day. Runners can choose between a 5K or a 5 mile race alongside world class athletes. Families can introduce their children to running with the one mile fun run. 21 Locust Avenue.
3. Cherry Blossom Festival at the Pelham Arts Center, Saturday, April 26 at 1:30 p.m.
Enjoy workshops in Japanese art and weaving, along with a classical Japanese dance performance to celebrate the arrival of the Cherry Blossoms and the spring season. 155 Fifth Avenue.
4. Irvington Town Hall Theater's 2014 Spirit of Jazz Concert, Saturday, April 26 at 8 p.m.
Grammy award-winning vocalist Melissa Walker will headline the sixth annual Spirit of Jazz concert benefitting Phelps Hospice on Saturday, April 26, at Irvington Town Hall Theater at 8 pm. Ms.Walker will pay tribute to the music of the late singer/songwriters Abbey Lincoln and Nina Simone, accompanied by pianist Oscar Perez and an ensemble of outstanding jazz musicians. $25. 85 Main Street.
5. Tarrytown's Lyndhurst Family Fun Day Weekend, Saturday, April 25 and Sunday, April 26 at 10 a.m.
A two day family event with LEGO exhibitions by local children in Lyndhurst mansion. There will be extensive play space for kids of all ages in the Lyndhurst carriage house, along with LEGO robotics demonstrations by local school groups and a gigantic LEGO exhibit. 635 South Broadway.
I’m sure we’ve left some big events out. Tell us where you’ll be heading and why below.
- 1 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 4 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Mamaroneck, Larchmont