WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Heavy rain fell throughout Westchester County for most of the day on Sunday, bringing thunder and causing floods on area roads.
A Flood Watch is in effect until 2 a.m. on Monday.
Here are some rainfall totals from late Sunday morning:
Briarcliff Manor, 3.05 inches
Irvington, 2.55 inches
Westchester Airport, 2.44 inches
Occasional rain and patchy fog is expected to continue overnight with a low near freezing.
A chance of rain continues Monday, mainly before noon. The day will start cloudy, then gradually become mostly sunny, with a high in the upper 40s.
Monday night will be clear and chilly with a low in the 20s.
Tuesday will feel more like spring. They day will be sunny and warm, with a high in the mid-50s.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison