LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Former Larchmont resident Joan Rivers is currently in a medically induced coma following a procedure on her vocal chords, according to The New York Daily News.
Rivers, 81, was listed in critical condition at Mount Sinai on Thursday night, Aug. 28, and will be pulled from her coma this weekend once doctors have assessed the damage done while she was unresponsive, The Daily News reported.
The day before, Rivers was doing a stand-up routine in which she made jokes about her mortality, The Daily News said.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Women's Club Awards College Scholarships To Rye Neck, Mamaroneck Students
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says