LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Former Larchmont resident Joan Rivers is currently in a medically induced coma following a procedure on her vocal chords, according to The New York Daily News.
Rivers, 81, was listed in critical condition at Mount Sinai on Thursday night, Aug. 28, and will be pulled from her coma this weekend once doctors have assessed the damage done while she was unresponsive, The Daily News reported.
The day before, Rivers was doing a stand-up routine in which she made jokes about her mortality, The Daily News said.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Mamaroneck On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Mamaroneck Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 5 Arrest Of Mamaroneck Worker On DWI Charges Tops News Last Week