LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Former Larchmont resident Joan Rivers is currently in a medically induced coma following a procedure on her vocal chords, according to The New York Daily News.
Rivers, 81, was listed in critical condition at Mount Sinai on Thursday night, Aug. 28, and will be pulled from her coma this weekend once doctors have assessed the damage done while she was unresponsive, The Daily News reported.
The day before, Rivers was doing a stand-up routine in which she made jokes about her mortality, The Daily News said.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery
- 4 Long Island Man Found Drunk, Passed Out In Scarsdale Driveway, Police Say
- 5 Larchmont Family Profiled In New York Times House Hunt