LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Former Larchmont resident Joan Rivers is currently in a medically induced coma following a procedure on her vocal chords, according to The New York Daily News.
Rivers, 81, was listed in critical condition at Mount Sinai on Thursday night, Aug. 28, and will be pulled from her coma this weekend once doctors have assessed the damage done while she was unresponsive, The Daily News reported.
The day before, Rivers was doing a stand-up routine in which she made jokes about her mortality, The Daily News said.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mamaroneck Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Walter's In Mamaroneck Celebrates 95th Anniversary