MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- A Metro-North passenger train derailed in the Bronx near the Spuyten Duyvil station early Sunday. The New York Fire Department reported that four were killed and 63 were injured, 11 of them seriously.
- Westchester County Police charged a teacher Meaghan White, 34, with rape in connection with two sexual encounters she had with a 16-year-old boy at a county park in Mount Vernon.
- Five Mamaroneck residents have nominated themselves to the public library's Board of Trustees. They will be elected on Wednesday, Dec. 11.
- Larchmont's Sheldrake Nature Center is expanding winter programming by holding its first guided, "family style," winter nature walk to get adults and children alike out and about.
- The engineer in Sunday's Metro-North derailment in the Bronx that killed four people and injured dozens has been suspended without pay, according to NBC News.