MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- The $140 billion state budget that was passed on Monday, March 31, will provide much needed increases in state aid to Sound Shore schools, according to State Sen. George Latimer (D-Rye) and Assemblyman Steve Otis (D-Rye).
- The children of County Executive and New York gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino were among thousands of students boycotting the New York State Common Core English Language Arts exam on Tuesday, April 1, Astorino announced in a video released Monday, March 31.
- After more than a decade of planning and fundraising, the Westchester Children’s Museum is aiming to begin construction at Playland in Rye this year, with an eye to opening in 2015.
- Family and friends of missing Pelham man Harry Devert, a world traveler and blogger who went missing in Mexico in January, are concerned after an unconfirmed development in the case.
- Sustainable Playland Inc. announced Tuesday that it will not participate in the review of its Playland Improvement Plan until Westchester County resolves outstanding issues with the City of Rye and a lawsuit filed by County Legislator Ken Jenkins.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Westchester Property Taxes Are Nation's Highest