WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- A six-member jury has returned a verdict of not guilty in the Kerry Kennedy drugged-driving trial at the Westchester County Court in White Plains on Friday morning.
Kennedy, a Bedford resident, faced one charge of driving while ability impaired by drugs, stemming from a July 2012 accident in North Castle. Toxicology reports showed that she had a sleep medication in her system. She pleaded not guilty, saying she accidentally took the pill instead of her thyroid medication.
Kennedy is the daughter of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, niece of John F. Kennedy and ex-wife of Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
The trial lasted four days.
Check back to Daily Voice for reaction and more information on this developing story.
- 1 State Police Warn Larchmont, Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Sisters During Calling Hours In Mamaroneck
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation