MAMARONECK, N.Y. – In anticipation of Hurricane Sandy, The Mamaroneck Daily Voice provides a reminder for its readers about how to prepare, and phone numbers they can call in the event of an emergency.
While, 911 is always available in an emergency, the following local services are available to residents:
- Mamaroneck Village Police Department – 777-1122, and press 3 for a desk officer
- Mamaroneck Village Fire Department – Call 911
- Ambulance Service – Call 911
- Mamaroneck Village Manager’s Office – 914-777-7703
- Mamaroneck Town Police Department – 914-381-6100
- Mamaroneck Town Fire Department – 914-834-2101
- Mamaroneck Town Administrator’s Office – 914-381-7810
- Larchmont Police Department – 914-834-1000
- Larchmont Fire Department – 914-834-0016
- Larchmont Village Hall – 914-834-6230
- Consolidated Edison Customer Service number to call in case of electricity outage – 800-752-6633.
Con Edison customers can also report downed power lines and outages, and check on when their power will be restored by computer or mobile device on the Con Edison website . Customers also can call 800-75-CONED (800-752-6633).?
When reporting an outage, residents should have their account numbers available, and report whether their neighbors also have lost power, the company said. Customers who report outages will be called by Con Edison representatives, with estimated restoration times as they become available.?
Con Edison advises residents to pay attention to reports from city and municipal officials, and can rely on the company to provide updates as the storm moves closer. The company will be posting information on its website .?
- Stay away from downed power lines. To report downed power lines or other hazardous conditions, call 800-572-1131.
- For electricity emergencies and to report power interruptions, call 800-572-1311.
- Operate emergency generators only according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Never run them indoors or in a garage. Operate only outdoors in well-ventilated areas, away from windows and doors.
- If you use electrically powered life-sustaining equipment, call 800-572-1111 to register in the critical customer program.
- Keep flashlights handy. Keep extra batteries on hand for all battery-operated equipment.
- Remember to fully charge all cell phones, iPads, iPods and other electronic equipment before the storm hits.
- Turn off major appliances to avoid overloading when power returns.
- Stay out of flooded basements until an electrician can be summoned.
Local Wi-Fi Spots
- Starbucks, 1030 W. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck
- Starbucks, 1929 Palmer Ave., Larchmont
- Mamaroneck Public Library, 136 Prospect Ave., Mamaroneck
- Larchmont Public Library, 121 Larchmont Ave., Larchmont
- Mamaroneck Diner, 405 E. Post Road, Mamaroneck
- Red Mango, 1924 Palmer Ave., Larchmont
Stay with The Mamaroneck Daily Voice for updates on Hurricane Sandy.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.