RYE, N.Y. – New York State Sen. George Latimer posted a video recently in which he challenges New York’s Commissioner on Education John King on the Common Core.
Latimer is a Democrat in the 37th District, which includes all or sections of Rye, Port Chester, Harrison, Mamaroneck, New Rochelle, Armonk, Bedford Hills, White Plans, Pound Ridge and Yonkers. Latimer lives in Rye.
“As committed as you are of this path and convinced of its rightness, I am deeply convinced we are on the wrong path. Bluntly,’’ Latimer says in the opening minute of the video.
In the 9:57 video, Latimer pushes for a delay on the controversial legislation, which is designed to provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn.
On Wednesday, New York Senate and Assembly leaders called for a two-year delay in the use of Common Core-aligned tests in teacher employment and student-placement decisions.
Click here for the complete video of Latimer on YouTube.
- 1 Le Sirene Ristorante Opens In Larchmont
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director