RYE, N.Y. – New York State Sen. George Latimer posted a video recently in which he challenges New York’s Commissioner on Education John King on the Common Core.
Latimer is a Democrat in the 37th District, which includes all or sections of Rye, Port Chester, Harrison, Mamaroneck, New Rochelle, Armonk, Bedford Hills, White Plans, Pound Ridge and Yonkers. Latimer lives in Rye.
“As committed as you are of this path and convinced of its rightness, I am deeply convinced we are on the wrong path. Bluntly,’’ Latimer says in the opening minute of the video.
In the 9:57 video, Latimer pushes for a delay on the controversial legislation, which is designed to provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn.
On Wednesday, New York Senate and Assembly leaders called for a two-year delay in the use of Common Core-aligned tests in teacher employment and student-placement decisions.
Click here for the complete video of Latimer on YouTube.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 4 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 5 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket