MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A leaking water main in Larchmont that caused discolored water since the break Tuesday morning has been shut down and water rerouted, said David Birdsall, business director of the Westchester Joint Water Works.
A plan to repair the water main is being prepared, Birdsall said, adding that there is no longer any water discoloration.
The leak, reported Tuesday around 9 a.m. near the Larchmont plant off Weaver Street, caused discolored water in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck. Birdsall said the utility has yet to determine the cause of the leak.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says
- 5 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police