MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A leaking water main in Larchmont that caused discolored water since the break Tuesday morning has been shut down and water rerouted, said David Birdsall, business director of the Westchester Joint Water Works.
A plan to repair the water main is being prepared, Birdsall said, adding that there is no longer any water discoloration.
The leak, reported Tuesday around 9 a.m. near the Larchmont plant off Weaver Street, caused discolored water in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck. Birdsall said the utility has yet to determine the cause of the leak.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads To Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning As 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 5 Storm System Departs Mamaroneck, Snow Could Return Thursday