MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A leaking water main in Larchmont that caused discolored water since the break Tuesday morning has been shut down and water rerouted, said David Birdsall, business director of the Westchester Joint Water Works.
A plan to repair the water main is being prepared, Birdsall said, adding that there is no longer any water discoloration.
The leak, reported Tuesday around 9 a.m. near the Larchmont plant off Weaver Street, caused discolored water in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck. Birdsall said the utility has yet to determine the cause of the leak.
- 1 Mamaroneck's Skinny House Nominated As Historic Place
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk