MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A leaking water main in Larchmont that caused discolored water since the break Tuesday morning has been shut down and water rerouted, said David Birdsall, business director of the Westchester Joint Water Works.
A plan to repair the water main is being prepared, Birdsall said, adding that there is no longer any water discoloration.
The leak, reported Tuesday around 9 a.m. near the Larchmont plant off Weaver Street, caused discolored water in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck. Birdsall said the utility has yet to determine the cause of the leak.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery
- 4 Long Island Man Found Drunk, Passed Out In Scarsdale Driveway, Police Say
- 5 Larchmont Family Profiled In New York Times House Hunt