MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A leaking water main in Larchmont that caused discolored water since the break Tuesday morning has been shut down and water rerouted, said David Birdsall, business director of the Westchester Joint Water Works.
A plan to repair the water main is being prepared, Birdsall said, adding that there is no longer any water discoloration.
The leak, reported Tuesday around 9 a.m. near the Larchmont plant off Weaver Street, caused discolored water in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck. Birdsall said the utility has yet to determine the cause of the leak.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads To Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Controlling Deer Population In Mamaroneck Is Targeted
- 4 Blizzard Warning As 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow