MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A leaking water main in Larchmont that caused discolored water since the break Tuesday morning has been shut down and water rerouted, said David Birdsall, business director of the Westchester Joint Water Works.
A plan to repair the water main is being prepared, Birdsall said, adding that there is no longer any water discoloration.
The leak, reported Tuesday around 9 a.m. near the Larchmont plant off Weaver Street, caused discolored water in the villages of Mamaroneck and Larchmont and the Town of Mamaroneck. Birdsall said the utility has yet to determine the cause of the leak.
- 1 Mamaroneck Ranks Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 3 National Weather Service: Winter Won't Be So Bad In Mamaroneck, Larchmont
- 4 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 5 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks