MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Mamaroneck officials are considering legislation that would ban planting running bamboo anywhere within the village limits, according to LoHud.com.
The proposal would require any existing bamboo to be kept away from public roads and property lines to keep the invasive plant from spreading uncontrollably, LoHud.com reported.
Fines for those that violate the bamboo ban could range between $250 and $1,000, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mamaroneck Skies Sunday
- 2 Former Larchmont Moving Company Executive Gets Six-Year Prison Term
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 4 Two Women Rob Man At Knifepoint In New Rochelle, Report Says
- 5 Mamaroneck, Larchmont Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday