MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Mamaroneck officials are considering legislation that would ban planting running bamboo anywhere within the village limits, according to LoHud.com.
The proposal would require any existing bamboo to be kept away from public roads and property lines to keep the invasive plant from spreading uncontrollably, LoHud.com reported.
Fines for those that violate the bamboo ban could range between $250 and $1,000, LoHud.com said.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 3 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 4 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 5 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam