MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Mamaroneck officials are considering legislation that would ban planting running bamboo anywhere within the village limits, according to LoHud.com.
The proposal would require any existing bamboo to be kept away from public roads and property lines to keep the invasive plant from spreading uncontrollably, LoHud.com reported.
Fines for those that violate the bamboo ban could range between $250 and $1,000, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Le Sirene Ristorante Opens In Larchmont
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director