MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Mamaroneck officials are considering legislation that would ban planting running bamboo anywhere within the village limits, according to LoHud.com.
The proposal would require any existing bamboo to be kept away from public roads and property lines to keep the invasive plant from spreading uncontrollably, LoHud.com reported.
Fines for those that violate the bamboo ban could range between $250 and $1,000, LoHud.com said.
- 1 State Police Warn Larchmont, Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Hundreds Pay Respects To Slain Sisters During Calling Hours In Mamaroneck
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Mourners Gather At Vigil, Seeking Solace After Harrison Shooting Deaths