MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Mamaroneck officials are considering legislation that would ban planting running bamboo anywhere within the village limits, according to LoHud.com.
The proposal would require any existing bamboo to be kept away from public roads and property lines to keep the invasive plant from spreading uncontrollably, LoHud.com reported.
Fines for those that violate the bamboo ban could range between $250 and $1,000, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 2 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M
- 5 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yonkers Yard