MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Several Mamaroneck and Larchmont officials are looking for possible solutions to unfunded mandates in New York.
The League of Women Voters of Larchmont-Mamaroneck and The Larchmont Mamaroneck Local Summit are co-hosting a forum entitled "NY Unfunded Mandates in an Era of Tax Caps: Problems & Possible Solutions" at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Hommocks Auditorium.
Several local panelists are set to "define and describe programs that NY State requires counties, municipalities and school districts to provide and fund," according to a press release.
"They will discuss the impacts of these unfunded mandates on our county, municipal and school budgets and on our property taxes," representatives said in the release. "Most importantly, they will outline proposals for tax and mandate relief and discuss what individuals and organizations can do to advocate for improvement."
A listing of panelists confirmed for the forum is below:
- Former Mamaroneck Town Supervisor Valerie O'Keeffe: What Are Mandates and What Are Their Impacts?
- NY State Senator George Latimer: Relief for Counties & County Taxpayers
- NY State Assemblyman Steve Otis: Relief for Municipalities & Local Property Taxpayers
- Westchester/Putnam School Boards Association Executive Director Lisa Davis: Relief for Schools & District Taxpayers
- NY State LWV Legislative Director Barbara Bartoletti: What you Can Do To Make a Difference