Downtown Mamaroneck will be bustling with street vendors, artists and entertainers during the Mamaroneck Harbor Fest June 5.
"It really highlights the Mamaroneck community," said Jennifer Graziano-Mangano, co-chair of the event's organizing committee. "And we have this beautiful harbor for everyone to see."
The one-day street festival isn’t limited to dry land. As its name suggests, ships will fill the harbor and people will be invited to climb aboard. There will also be food, live entertainment, historical exhibits and more activities.
The event runs from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will take place along Mamaroneck Avenue between Halstead Avenue and Boston Post Road and the entrance to Harbor Island Park. Admission is free.
There will be no street parking at the event, but free parking and shuttle service will be available at three locations - Mamaroneck Elementary School, Mamaroneck High School and Mamaroneck Town Center.
Pets are not prohibited, but people are advised against bringing them due to the large crowds expected.
Graziano-Mangano has organized the Harbor Fest for five years now and said people come from across the Sound Shore region to celebrate with the Mamaroneck community.
"We're called the 'friendly village,'" she said.
- 1 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck
- 3 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Mamaroneck, Larchmont
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Larchmont, Mamaroneck