MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- Malcolm Frouman, the new president of the Larchmont-Mamaroneck Hunger Task Force, hopes to use his term to continue to improve the force's operations and better help those in need.
- Familiar names like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett topped Forbes Magazine's recent list of the richest people in the planet for 2014, but several names connected to Westchester County made the list as well.
- A driver lost control of his Jeep, which broke a utility pole in half in Mamaroneck on Monday night.
- Jose Ramirez of Norwalk, believed to have caused a fatal accident on I-95 in Rye, could be facing additional charges on top of driving while intoxicated.
- Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J., area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
- Refugio de Esperanza, a 107-year-old New Rochelle church that had been in disrepair decades, re-opened its doors on Friday thanks in large part to the foundation run by New York Yankees legend Mariano Rivera.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 New Rochelle Native Pleads Guilty For Role In Fatal Crash
- 4 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 5 Accidents Tie Up Traffic For Evening Commuters In Westchester